Saturday, April 5, 2008

Credit Card Fraud

This week I became the victim of credit card fraud and for those of you who have not experienced it before it is not fun!!!  My mom works for a bank and has taught me a lot about how to handle my money and stay safe with my cards.  I never really worried too much about fraud because I knew I was smart with my accounts.  I really wish I had been more paranoid about it because dealing with this is more of a hassle then I could have ever imagined.  While I think I will be able to get all of my money back it has been a really awful experience that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.  Here are some basic tips I found online about credit card fraud.  Also, here are some more tips on how to avoid online credit card fraud.  If anyone else has experienced this and wants to share stories, tips etc. please feel free.  This is something we really need to become more aware of so less people are able to get away with it and more importantly less people suffer through it.  

1 comment:

Clemente said...

I have 7 credit cards but I only carry my debit card. If I'm going to the mall then I will take some of the cards.Also, I do all my biling online I. I sing up for paperless billing whenever a company offers it. This way I get fewer credit cards statements in the mail.